Friday, March 5, 2010

Always Remembered

Yesterday made 3 years since my poppaw went home to be with his Heavenly Father. I find it hard sometimes to focus on the life he lived while not being overwhelmed by how he left. He was truly the first person that I had loved that left this world and I just wasn't ready. Many of you know my Grandpa was the only Father I ever had an he was a GREAT one! We never really said many words but we just had an unspoken bond. My poppaw walked me down the aisle the day I married Josh and I remember right before the ceremony everyone else had already walked out and we were standing on the steps. I was so nervous and excited that I don't remember half the things he said but he just wrapped his arm around me and told me to calm down, don't be nervous everything is going to be fine. I just wish Noah would have been able to have those same wonderful arms around his shoulders and experience my poppaw teaching him how to trout fish. I know we will see each other again and that provides comfort during the pain. Here is a slideshow of images my mommaw had and I thought I would share the life of the most amazing man I know.
id="showit_swf" data="http://siw.myshowit.com/501057/15040/showit.swf">

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed it, Candice. Thanks for sharing.

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good kid. We all miss him very much and I'm so thankful for all the wonderful memories we have of him. I know this wasn't easy for you but thank you for sharing one of the best men in our lives with others.
    I Love You

    Mom

    ReplyDelete